Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Which Way is Up?



Here is my little tomato plant, growing from its Topsy Turvey Tomato Planter. The good news is that, it's growing!

But, you will notice that my little plant is a bit confused...It's started growing upwards. How does it know to do that--grow up. I suppose it can feel the light or warmth of the sun. Eventually it will start growing downwards. I know that because the pictures on the boxes show the plant growing down. But, I'm nervous, because of my past history with growing plants.
If you're wondering, those pretty orange blossoms in the background are our aloe vera plants, which grow without any attention. You're welcome to take some home with you when you come to visit. Hint, hint.

4 comments:

  1. Will they die in the winter cold?

    I am excited to see the progress of your tomato plant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... I think aloe vera survives in cold desert climates. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you plant is doing pretty well. Congrats.
    What lovely aloe vera, I bet it comes in handy with all the sun in Cali. Hope to get there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the plant was already like that when you bought it?

    ReplyDelete